Monday, September 01, 2008

News from Dallas

Well, made it to Dallas around noon today. Great flight on American Airlines out of Burbank, CA.
The plane left on time and landed in Dallas on time. Picked up my rental car and headed out to the FEMA field office down in Desoto, TX. There were tons of people there waiting to check in. I think FEMA is not taking any chances this time and is putting lots of resources in place well in advance of the need. Someone said they thought there were 300 inspectors here!

Did not have time to attend the "Orientation" briefing today. I will do that in the morning.
We still do not know what is going on or when or if we will be deployed. Rumor has it that the storm petered out pretty fast when it hit land and did not do all that much damage. We could get sent home earlier than anticipated. I've been watching the news but they tend to really hype things up to get more ratings and watchers so I don't really know what to expect. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
TTFN from Texas
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)