Saturday, September 06, 2008

UPDATE 9/6/08, 10:45 pm

Don't blink, you will miss something! Within the space of 10 minuets, we went from "just hang out, nothing much happening today" to everybody get to New Orleans as soon as possible. So in about one hour, I packed up, checked out of motel and hit the road south. After a six hour drive, I got signed in and issued my equipment. I was too tired to sit through another two hour briefing so we grabbed a quick bite and headed downtown to a hotel that another inspector Kevin had found. Nice deal! Over $100 per night, no parking (had to pay $15 at a nearby lot for the night.)and NO HOT WATER OR PHONE SERVICE! I will be asking the manager for a discount in the morning .

It's almost impossible to get a hotel room here. All the residents that were evacuated are now coming back to no power in their homes so they are filling up the hotels. We only took this place for one night to buy some time, and so we did not have to sleep in our cars. Tomorrow should be fun .
I still have not handled the rental car situation so that needs to be dealt with and we need to find a cheaper room.

It's been a long day and I'm pooped. Time to turn in.
Later,
Dana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)