Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!


Fair Warning!



Bridge near Baytown, TX


Serious winds near Winnie, TX


He huffed and puffed and blew my brick house down!


Just one of the remaining thousands of boats
that were blown up onto I -45 Freeway
north of the causeway to Galveston.


I've been very busy here in La Marque,Texas. Most of the jobs are pretty close together so my production is up. Damages are generally not too bad but there are a few bad ones. Yesterday, I was in an area called Omega Bay. This is a marina type development right on the bay. They really caught hell. The houses are built to resist high water conditions with all the main living areas up on the second floor. The lower floor is storage and garages / carports but some have been built out into living areas. Bad decision! This houses are up on pads, about 10 feet above water level. They had up to 4 feet of water is the lower floor rooms. Anything that was in them was gone or destroyed.
Today, Sunday, I'm backup in the main part of La Marque TX. Not much damage here, mostly trees down and roof damage and interior leaks. Ironically, I've seen several houses that have burnt down due to electrical fires caused by wind and falling trees hitting power lines.

Well, back to work. Its almost One PM and I have at least 5 more inspections to do today.

Later, Dana

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have found this blog, thanks for the posts! I am new to PaRR, just completed the classroom training. Your first hand account of what to expect (the waiting, moving, rental and hotel headaches...) helps tremendously to prepare in case I am deployed.

    It would be nice to hear if this has worked out okay for you financially. It sounds like there is a lot of down time to weather (pun-ny, eh?). Do they compensate you for that? Or, each time you have to re-locate?

    Hope you are doing well! I'll try to check back soon, see if any new posts are up.

    ReplyDelete

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)