Friday, October 10, 2008

1st. Visit to Galveston


I don't think this place will be re-opening any time soon!



This hole is 30 feet above the beach level.



Hope the car wasn't in here!

I took the time today to make a quick tour of Galveston today for the first time since the storm.
It's been almost one month since Hurricane Ike came to town and Galveston is still a wreck. Everybody is busy cleaning up but very few businesses are open. A bit hard to find food and fuel on the Island still. Then are big piles of debris along most of the steets off the main drags. I passed one huge lot completely filled with 40-50 foot high piles.

I took the time to stop by the FEMA camp at the airport to check it out. It's not as big as the Beaumont camp but very nice. If I get inspections down here, I may move down from Texas City. This is a lot closer to my inspections than the Beaumont Camp was.

I have not posted for a while since then has not been anything to new to pass on. I've been out 40 days now and it is all starting to blend together. Every day is much like the previous ones .
I'm almost done with the current batch of inspections in La Marque and Alvin. I'm working on clearing the last few applicants I have not been able to make an appointment with.
I wonder where the next group will be ? I'll keep you posted.

Later -Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)