Saturday, September 06, 2008

Update 9/6/08 8:30 AM

Still here in Bossier City, LA May be moving south soon, lots of help needed that I hear.

My latest challenge is with my rental car from Alamo. I picked it up in DFW on Monday and it times out today at 1:00 PM. Of course, I'm 230 miles away from there so cannot turn it in there.
Here's where it gets crazy. The closest Alamo is in Tyler, TX about an hour and a half away. I'm not supposed to leave the area. I tried to set up a return over here but no other place to do that. If I extend the contract, they charge $10.99 per day over and above the rental rate and the card I used to rent the car does not have enough available credit for another week plus the penalty. Alamo will not let me just use another card. Their "rules" don't allow that. I MUST turn the car in and close the contract and start over in order to switch cards. How stupid is that? I'm over here trying to help people and Alamo will not give me a break and work with me on this. I did get one c/s agent to help somewhat and cut me some slack by waiving up to $500 in transportation charges back to DFW if I turned the car in somewhere else. Problem is that there IS nowhere else I can easily get to to do this.

So now I'm stuck with no workable options. Trying to call Alamo customer service now.
Stay Tuned for the next installment of this soap opera!
Dana

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dana,
    Understood about the waiting thing. Yes, i do hope you come out ahead on this and somehow handle that car. maybe call the main corporate office and speak with manager and let them know sit. How about the women there, do you think I could qualify to do that? Bucks sound great. I'm expecting you have a good connection now with yer computer. Yeah a non-working computer would be an awful thing to happen to a geek. Kinda glad the storm died out! Nice to see that folks didn't have to suffer the devastation to the magnitude to which it was predicted.
    Anyway, thought I'd drop a line.
    Talk soon,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dana,
    K-pa-so? I understand about the storm. Kinda glad it died out so that there wasn't any devastation. Got it on all the waiting. Also, can visualize what is happening with regard to the car. I think I would try to call corporate office, speak to a manager and find out what can be done to use the other credit card and yes, do hope you come out ahead. It seems like you should but I understand the expences too. Do they have any women there who do this and maybe I could qualify?
    Glad to know how yer doin'. Think you probably have a betta connection now for yer computer?
    Later,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)