Thursday, September 04, 2008

9/4/08 UPDATE

9:21 AM
Got in about 10:30 PM last night. Easy drive, nice road all the way, little traffic and only a light mist rain for part of the drive.
Checked into another Motel 6 in Bossier City, LA. Fairly cheap and clean. No amenities to speak of but the price is right! Once we get settled in, I will try and hook up with another inspector and share a room in a little bit nicer place. I did that in Dallas and it worked out well. This time, that inspector got sent to Baton Rouge.

Unfortunately, the air card I use for my internet is not getting a very good signal here at this location and checking my emails etc. is painful. Another good reason to relocate.

PaRR communicates to its field force via "broadcast voice mail" . Several times a day, each inspector checks their mailbox for updates. If there is a direct message for a particular inspector, PaRR has an automated system to call them directly.

Many of the Dallas standby team was dispatched to here for "registration intake" duty and others were sent to Baton Rouge to do inspections. So far, for me, and I assume, the others in the Shreveport crew, we are on hold while PaRR finds all its equipment that was shipped by FedEx yesterday and sets up a place for us to work. I just keep checking the voice mail every so often. Guess I'll head out and find some coffee and a bite to eat.

Stay Tuned
Dana

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana,
    I'm lost here in New Orleans(no hotel rooms of course). Arrived a bit late because of accidents, no power--but arrived! If you make it down to NO I'd like to talk to you about your 'other' business: infrared inspections. I'm in the process of buying an infrared for my bus...maybe you could give me some input. Well, good luck to you! Dave

    ReplyDelete

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)