Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Official, going to Texas!

UPDATE:
I finally got the call about 11:30 this morning PDT. I'm officially deployed to hurricane Gustav as a FEMA Disaster Inspector. I leave at 7 AM in the morning for Dallas. All packed and ready to go. Motel booked, vehicle booked, flight booked, boarding pass in hand, banking done, bills paid.

Nothing left to do but wait now. I'm a bit excited! I didn't sleep all that well last night waiting to hear the final word. Been a scramble today getting my local jobs covered by others.

Looks like New Orleans will get their butt kicked again from what I'm seeing on the weather maps. Heavy storm surge looks like it will pound southern Louisiana in addition to the high winds. Currently, Gustav is a Cat-3 to 4 with hurricane force winds out to 65 miles from the center and tropical storm force wind out to 220 miles. It's moving north west at about 18 mph but should slow as it approaches land. It is about 200 miles south of the mouth of the Mississippi now.
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

This function is monitored. Spammers & Trolls will be impaled (very slowly) by Vlad the Impaler's distant cousin and my personal friend. (I help get rid of the bodies)